Thursday, April 10, 2008

Buy SCUM

Not the pond variaty, but the painting I finished a couple of weeks ago (scroll down for that post).
It's now for sale on through the online gallery run by Arne Toonen and Birgit Schuurman called "Prints and the Revolution". There you can also buy the "Paco" skateboard decks series I did last year and a little poster I did in whih I share my opinion with the world on US foreign and economic policy.

Right now I'm working on a few screen prints that will also be available on the site in a few weeks (if all goes well).

Go check it out, and don't forget to subscribe to their newsletter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ik verneem graag op de blog of die screen prints te koop zijn / geplaatst worden op prints en revolution.

Tevens, mocht je nog meer werk te koop hebben, waar kan ik dat zien? Ben inmiddels zo enthousiast van je werk dat ik graag eens wat van jou aan mijn muren wil hebben hangen.

Buissie

Unknown said...

i really like your bold commercial art style. your hand crafted lettering has depth and your coloring technique is also very impressive. do you use photoshop and illustrator once you scan the images in?

do you vectorize then or do the seps in photoshop?

you have a new fan in california!

Martijn said...

Hey Troy,
Thanks for being a fan and your kind words about my work!

All the type I draw gets vectorised first in AI (by hand of course, never use the livetrace thing) and then colored in Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
With the illustrations I either convert it to vectors (by hand preferably) and then I'd color it in AI as well. When I stay in Photoshop I color it in Photoshop too. It depends wether I need resolution independence or not. So it differs from project to project.
Hope this answers you question.

Cheers,
Martijn