Monday, April 02, 2007

Send in the Clowns!!

Don't you just hate those face-painted psycho's emerging from tiny broken down fire-engines and squirting water all over everybody? With their grins and noses, walking down imaginary cellar steps, before utterly disappointing you by just standing up. It was all fake. He just crouched down. Somebody should have shot him in the neck when he was down there..... (or am i being harsh?)
So, back in my fantasy world of crayons I decided to set one on fire and after seeing his hair and career go down in flames, drink himself to death. Here's the play by play....

It all started with a doodle in my sketchbook.

And it pleased me enough to turn it into a series... Coincidentally I had 4 used skateboard decks lying around, and I thought it'd be nice idea to combine the two (get it? Clowns... skateboards).
Anyway I sketched on for the rest of the decks.



With the sketches done it was time to think about how I was going to stick them on the skateboard decks. I still had a tin of One Shot enamel and reckoned that stuff would be perfect... After some messing about, trying to transfer the images onto the wood I started to slap on the enamel paint.



As you can see I'm in the middle of painting the thing (and finishing up the drawing for the last deck) so I will continue blogging this particular subject at a later stage. But I hope I'll get them finished by the end of this week because I want to show them at the GarageSale art show, of which I will (hopefully) be a part....
Anyway keep 'em peeled.

No comments: