Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Digging the crates

Over the years I have designed a ton of T-shirts, which was fun, but hardly lucrative. The one thing I still get a bit of a kick out of though, is bumping into people wearing them every so often. This usually happens at punk-rock or hardcore gigs as the vast majority of those shirts were commissioned by Mark Beemer.... hang on there's logic to that.
Mark being a veteran photographer of the hardcore and punk-scene also runs the Syrentha Savio Endowment, a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to underprivileged women who cannot afford the expense of fighting breast cancer.
He raises money by, among other things, sell limited edition t-shirts of well-known hardcore- punk- and alternative-bands who make their name available free of charge (I assume). And these needed to be designed. So that's where I came in.

Not all of these were used in the end, but I like these enough to post them (obviously). Click the pics for a closer look.

All American Rejects (never used).


Antiflag (never used)


Between the Buried and Me


the Draft, I also turned this into a painting, with the band's permission.


Funeral for a Friend


Halifax (never used)


Minus the Bear


Maroon


Mark also organized tours and when he set up shop in Austin for the SxSW festival in 2007, I did something special for the occassion. A double bill of LIFETIME and My Chemical Romance, t-shirts and a poster.






Orange 9MM


Paint it Black


the Pink Spiders


Refused


Sacry Kids Scaring Kids


The Sounds


The Receiving End of Sirens


Sorry for the carpet-bomb-post but I figured I had to make up for my blog slackery lately.

No comments: